Cercar en aquest blog

dilluns, 5 de desembre del 2016

Writing a complaint

Guillem Montes
Speaking

Making a complaint
shrank (encoger)
Stain/Sport (mancha)
receipt (ticket)
Refound (devolver importe)

Dialogue:

Shop assistant (Guillem Montes)
Sneha
Hello, can I help you?
Yes, there’s a problem with this pencil case
Ok. What’s the problem?
It has a spot on it. Near the zip, look
Oh, I see. Have you got the receipt?
No, I lost it
Mmmm. Then it’s not possible
but, can you just give me a refound?
Sorry if you do not have de receipt I can’t give you a refound
okay, then I  won’t buy anything else in your shop!
Bye



Guillem Montes
Writing
 a complaint Letter
Guillem Montes

1. Match the words with the same meaning
Very cold- Freezy
Very angry-furious
Very good- Exellent
Very bad- awful
very badly- ruin
Very wet- soaked

2. Complete this sentences with the past thens of these verbs: Be, break, find, get, put, tear, wear.
a. I…found… it cheaper in the shoop next door.
b. The zip…broke… on the first day
c. I…got. soaked
d. The material …tore… when I …put… the coat on
e. I ….was… cold when I …wore…… the coat in the mountains.




4. Write a letter to the shop to complain about the coat. Look at the letter on page 15. Use this structure.
-Give your adress and the date
-Begin “dear sir/madam”
-Pharagraph 1: Explain your reason for writing
-Pharagraph 2: List the problems. Use to begin with to start the list and then secondly, thirdly, etc. Use finally to end the list
-Pharagraph 3: Explain what you want from the man, for example, your money back.
-End yours faithfully with your name.

Complaint Letter:

Guillem Montes
South Hampton
S0 19P
3rd october, 2016

Dear Mr. Shop keeper
I’m just writing this letter to tell you all the lies that you told me 2 weeks ago until I were searching for that beatiful plain black cotton coat that you offered me., for what I’m very angry.

In first place, you told me that the material of the jacket was very resistant and waterproof, what dissapointed me when I went on the street while it was raining and the coat stiped and I got wet.
Then, you tried to convence me that the material was of a high quality and won’t get damage in the washingmachine, wich was also a lie.
And, Finally, you told me that the zip was very strong, but it broke just getting out of the shop, while I were going back home.

As you can see, most of the things you told me weren’t true. So, on it’s place, I want a refound, because now I dont trust in your shop.

Faithfully, Guillem Montes.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada